It’s interview time! Let’s turn that nervousness into confidence with preparation. The best way to assure smooth sailing when interviewing for a position you hope to land is through planning. “Fail to plan, plan to fail” as the saying goes, right?!
Because we want you to have a successful experience, regardless if this is your first or tenth interview, we’ve created this “prep” page to help you put your best foot forward. Ready, set, good luck!
What To Wear
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
- Men: we recommend a blazer or suit jacket, button down shirt, tie, slacks or suit pants, and dress shoes.
- Women: we recommend a skirt or pant suit with a blouse or button down shirt and closed toe shoes.
- For images of what proper attire looks like, check out our pins on Pinterest
“Etiquette is behaving yourself a little better than is absolutely necessary.” – Will Cuppy
- Turn your cell phone volume off
- Shake your interviewer’s hand firmly and thank them for their time
- Have great eye contact and smile sincerely
- Arrive 5-15 minutes early, but not earlier
- Bring a notepad & pen to take notes
- Do your homework by visiting the company’s social media sites
Most importantly, remember that you’ve been invited to meet with a hiring manager at Campaign Development Corporation because your skill sets are a potential match for one of our open positions. Be confident, enthusiast, and come ready to talk about how you would be an asset to the organization!